To help Ukrainian people displaced to the Greater Rotterdam – The Hague area enter the Dutch job market, a number of public-sector organizations have come together to host a series of job skills and searching webinars. This information provided a useful orientation to the Ukrainian newcomers onto the Dutch labour market.
Some of the people that have recently arrived are highly skilled professionals and speak English.
The organizers – InnovationQuarter, WorldStartup, The Hague International Centre, Rotterdam Expat Centre, and YES! Delft – are aiming to assist the newcomers in getting into the international sectors in the region.
Preparation and applying for a job in the Netherlands
Topics of the first webinar streamed from The Hague Tech on May 9 covered:
- Structuring a CV
- Writing a cover letter for Dutch employers
- Identifying your most marketable skills
- Finding ‘transferrable skills’ from your other roles
- Which skills to emphasise for Dutch employers
- Working with a recruiter, knowing what to look for in a job advert
- Preparing a portfolio
- How to conduct yourself in an interview
Job searching and job market
The second webinar streamed from The Hague Tech on May 18 focused on:
- Information about the Dutch job market
- Where to find jobs in the Greater Rotterdam-The Hague area
- Dominant sectors in the region
- Tips for searching: job boards, regional platform, companies, hubs and networks
- First-hand experience from an international